Small businesses can be affected by cyber attacks, breaches, and natural disasters just like large companies.
However, as much as 75 percent of small businesses don’t have a disaster plan in place. Moreover, more than half of these companies say that they would need three months to recover from a disaster due to loss of cash flow.
These numbers speak for themselves: without a disaster recovery plan, your small business is at risk — almost 40 percent of companies never reopen after such an event.
Create a plan
I can walk you through a few simple questions and then create a simple plan for your business that lets you know what exactly will happen if the worst were to happen.
Your plan will cover:
- What critical data you have and where it is located. Plus a plan to make sure all that data is backed up in a secure location.
- What critical systems you have (Telephones, email) and what you would do to keep operating if those systems were to go down for an extended period.
- A plan to test your backups to ensure that when you need them they will be there.
- A listing of all critical contacts and information.
- Software vendors
- Software licensing
- A simple step by step plan, of how EXACTLY you would recover from a disaster, and an estimate of how long that would take.
- Recommendations on what further steps could be taken to improve the time or ease of recovery.
Let me help you sleep at night knowing your business is secure!